We're headed off to Belgium and Amsterdam tomorrow which is going to be great I think. London has been so bustling and busy that it's kind of been a whirlwind trip. But still so good because for the most part we haven't seen anything twice between the two of us. It's making us realize that for a good trip here you really need at least a week! But we have definitely been having a blast and the weather has been amazing which is so rare here! Bright, warm, sunny weather... we've even been able to wear our sundresses which we didn't think we'd get to break out until Italy.. :)
We visited Notting Hill yesterday which was really cute, and then today we went to the National Gallery and saw some amazing paintings from Rembrant, DaVinci, Michaelangelo, Monet, Degas and my personal favorite, Renior. I haven't seen a Renior painting up close before, so that was particularly great for me. Seeing his actual brushstrokes and fingermarks.... so cool. :) Being here makes me really humbled at how little history we actually experience in the states. It makes me look forward to Rome and Venice even more now. :)
Lessons learned so far:
1) Don't be an idiot! I left a bag full of things I'd purchased at H&M behind at a Starbucks in one of the shady districts of London, and thankfully God was gracious and a barista picked it up instead of someone off the street. That would not have been cool... £40 later!
2) I really love the National Gallery. And it's free. Even better!
3) English breakfasts are good enough to last you all day without having to eat lunch... so we've been saving a ton of money on food!
4) H&M is probably the best store ever invented. period.
We're off to see Wicked tonight which I'm looking forward to! Lexie's seen it 2 times already, but not in London :) Other than that, things have been awesome and we're looking forward to Amsterdam tomorrow.
-Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment