Wednesday, May 21, 2008

People up late and 8,000 stairs

So we survived our first night... sort of. :) When we checked into our B&B they put us on the top floor, which I was like, "Cool, I'm always on the ground, I like views..." yeah not so much. We look out at the top of another building, but to get to our top floor, we have to walk about 10 flights of stairs and I think it's considered like the 7th level? I don't know, I lost count at about stair 100. :) But it's totally cute though. Like someone's own personal home, and our room has a lot of charm. Such a great deal for London just at £50! That's incredibly rare.

Lexie and I are doing a good job at sharing food every day and we're proud at our budgeting skills. We've been riding the tube everywhere because we got a 3 day unlimited travelcard which was good, and besides spending money on that we have been walking everywhere and seeing things that are free. It's really surprising how many free things there are in London, which is awesome. I think our pictures alone are our best souveneirs so far for sure.

This morning we had a really nice English breakfast for free, and it was so fun waking up to smell breakfast cooking early in the morning. Especially after our neighbors on the floor woke us up at 3am from getting back from the bars being totally drunk and loud, and the walls were paper thin. So we were not happy and didn't fall asleep for a long time after that. I think we're just going to have to get used to that from now on though since we'll be staying in a lot of hostels.

We also discovered a cute little organic grocery store called Marks & Spencer that are all over, and basically just filled with take-away items and fruit/vegetables to make small lunches or have picnics with, so that's what we did last night-- got some fruit, cheese, bread and bottled water and had a really cute meal for dinner and spent only £3.50. If we can keep that up the rest of the trip we'll be good... :)

okay that's it for now! It's 9am and we're off to some museums and Notting Hill!! That's what I'm excited for... and Lexie is excited for the Globe Theatre (go figure!) ;) which we're going to today also.

okay bye!
Megan and Lexie

No comments: